Resources for Youth and Families During Coronavirus
Below is a list of national, state, and local resources that may help us all during these difficult times. We will continue to update this list daily.
If you have an addition to this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exspensify.org, “Reimbursement for Essential Goods to Families on SNAP Benefits”(national)
- US Food Banks, “Database of U.S Food Banks by State” (statewide)
- Feeding America, “Find Your Local Food Bank” (local)
- Meals on Wheels, “Find Your Local Program” (local)
- Coalition for the Homeless (NYC-based) “Mobile Soup Kitchen Routes” (local)
- NYC Department of Education, “Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch” (local)
- NYC Department of Education, 3 Free Meals Available Daily for Any New Yorker
- NYC.gov Food Assistance Resources
- Community Food Advocates, “Find a School Hub to Retrieve Meals” (local)
- Food Education Fund, “COVID-19 Food Hub NYC” (local)
- Community Food Advocates School Hub Tool (local)
- HD’s Harlem Food Resource List
- HD’s Queens Food Resource List
- Purchasing Food Gift Cards By Store: Shoprite, Stop & Shop, Fairway, Target, Walmart
Health and Safety (General)
Health Care Services/Assistance
Health Insurance Coverage
Remote Learning & Education
- Some great e-learning tools from the New York Public Library: Remote Learning for Kids & Teens, High School e-book Collection, Audio Books and Other Listening Tools, and Online Tutoring with BrainFuse. Some of these programs require a NY library card, which you can sign up for using the SimpleE app for iPhone or Android.
- NYC Department of Education Resource List
- Free Learning Resources, Grades K-12
- Brain Pop: Free app featuring short animated videos and quizzes for grades 3-8
- Brain Pop Junior: See above, but for grades K-3
- Brain Pop ELL: See above, but for English language learners, also available in Spanish and French
- At home resource list for educators and kids from First Book
- Free children’s books from Storyline
- Free children’s stories in Spanish
- Commonsense Education: 10 Great Free Websites for High School Learning
- Compelling science videos, pre-k through 12 years old
- Solutions for distance learning from Newslea
- Google Arts & Culture, Grades 6-12
- Adobe Spark: Create graphics, web stories, and more, grades 6-12
- Fascinating lessons for history, science, and more, grades 9-12
- Learn digital skills using project-based curriculum, grades 9-12
- Rye Arts Center Online Resource List
- Learn about animals online from the San Diego Zoo (specifically for kids)
- Great resources from National Geographic for Kids
- Elementary school level story makers and read aloud projects
- Children stories in Spanish – PreK through Grade 2
- Help kids master basic math
Mental Health Resources
Guidance/Assistance for Nonprofits and Community-Based Organizations
For a full list from the NYS Health Foundation website, click here.
For the LSNYC list of Resources and Responses specifically for social workers, click here.
For the NYC specific list from NYC Emergency Management, click here.